Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, July 19, 2015

I'm gonna wash those germs right out of my hair

One of those classic movies, South Pacific, had one really cute song in it and the catch phrase was, "I'm going to wash that man right out of my hair..."  Lol!  Well on Saturday I decided that after 3 weeks of mayhem and sickness I just had to do house cleaning.  I decided to add a spot of sterilizing fluids into the cleaning solutions and would you have it.....as I cleaned house, I could feel those germs just being washed out of my house!!  Whoo hoo!  Well obviously now I am feeling much better, just niggly bits hanging around.

Well Ephesians 5:26 talks about the washing of the word, what does that mean?  This refers to a process we can undergo whereby we spend a dedicated period of time focused on specific and determined study of scripture and allow the truths of God's word to penetrate our hearts and wash our thinking clean. 

Have you given any thought to spending any time in scripture to focus on specific issues in your life?  If not maybe it is time to do so.  There are many courses you can do by attending classes or by doing a structured online study.  I know that the times in my life that I dedicated to studying the word of God really cemented my relationship with God and gave me a confidence in His word and I would encourage you to do the same. 


No comments:

Post a Comment