Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, July 20, 2015

Just the way they are

I have reached a very important pivot point in my journey to discovering whether or not adoption will be in my future.  That point is acceptance of things the way they are.  Does this mean I am giving up and letting go of this dream?  No, quite the opposite. 

I have reached a point of accepting that my life is what it is....it is a result of my choices and experiences and it is the unique path that God has chosen for me.  I have reached the point of acceptance that with all my heart and soul I want to have a child in my life but I'm not going to force things.  I made a decision to never deliberately put myself in a position of getting pregnant out of wedlock and so too I am making a decision not to force adoption if God does not fully open that door in my life.  I accept that if God does open that door, then I will be ready and willing to fulfill God's call to be a parent to the child He provides for me. 

Acceptance brings peace.  Knowing that I will do my part and do everything I can to make that dream a reality but giving the final decision over to God will ensure that I will truly be able to say, not my will but thine Lord!   Perfect peace castes out all fear and when fear is gone, FAITH can be powerful!

Do you have decisions to make but feel as though you are wrestling through every motion?  If so, then maybe you need to find acceptance first of where you are in life and ask God to help you to make peace with the path your life has taken. 


No comments:

Post a Comment