Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Trees make all the difference

I've been living in my town house now for just over 10 years.  I had forgotten how stark and raw the area looked like as a newly developed suburb when I first moved in, until the developers started with the new zone last year. 

Now as I drive past the new area and look up the hill to ours, what a difference and it is all because of a few trees.  It sure took them a long time to grow but now as they rise above the buildings they soften the appearance of the landscape and the area feels like any other suburb that is well established. 

Our faith should do the same thing for us, soften our appearance to the rest of the world.  Now personality plays a big part in this, but I don't mean character.  Faith should soften our beliefs so that we do not feel we have to push them on others but rather the maturity that faith produces in us, should draw others to us to gain knowledge and wisdom. 

What does the suburb of your heart look like now?  Is it all bricks and mortar or do the trees welcome visitors to your zone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment