Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Proud to be Red

My mom posted a short video on Facebook about red heads and some facts most people don't know. Some of the interesting ones were as follows:
  • Red hair and blue eyes is the rarest combination in the world [Yes please, that's me]
  • Redheads require larger doses of anesthesia
  • Redheads are more resistant to pain blockers [Ouch, yip that's true]
  • Red hair is thicker than other hair [Sadly not mine]
  • Families can carry the red hair gene for decades without knowing it
  • Redheads are better at detecting changes in temperature [Yip]
  • Redheads are more efficient at making vitamin D [Nice]
  • Red hair is extremely rare 1-2% total population
  • Red hair retains pigment longer and does not show grey as quickly
OK, so you think I'm boasting?....No! Not a chance. Truth is, if I have to be honest, throughout my childhood years I absolutely hated being a red head. I got teased and bullied no end about it and unfortunately it wasn't just by class mates, it happened with family too. My mom tried to teach me that people tease you when they like you, but it really didn't help my self esteem.

It took a very important youth camp speaker and many years of God working in my heart for me to overcome the pain the teasing had caused. Today I can say that I am proudly red head and being 40+ without a single grey hair and amazing skin....I am grateful and I love it and most of all I appreciate the true uniqueness and beauty of it and I wouldn't trade hair colour with anyone!

What is it about yourself that you just hate? Be honest, there is always something. I want to encourage you today to see the beauty in who you are, just as you are. God made you a unique and amazing individual and there is no one else in the world who is identical to you (even twins have separators).

Let one thing stay in your mind today:
God loves you
God loves you
God loves you
God loves you....... You get the point! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment