Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, February 23, 2015

Hitch a ride on your shoulders

Our local primary school in Nelspruit used to have an annual school 10 kilometer mini walk through the orange orchards of HL Hall and Sons.  My sister is 4 years older than I am so she was obviously in school before I was.  In my toddler years I could not walk the distance, although I'm sure I ran along side them whenever I could, but when I got tired my dad would pick me up over his head and pop me on his shoulders.  There I would ride along sky high while everyone else walked. 

In the toddler years of our faith God does exactly the same thing.  He allows us to walk and run ahead in our faith as often as we can, but when we are tired He picks us up and carries us until we are refreshed enough to continue on by ourselves again. 

God desires for us to walk the path of our faith on our own two feet as much as we can but He sure understands when we can't.  At those times there is nothing wrong with calling out to God for Him to carry you on His shoulders.  All you have to say is "Up daddy, up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment