Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Purpose of being

This morning I woke up with the annoying thought: my life has no purpose.  Well now firstly we need to acknowledge that nasty serpent who placed that thought there and then remind him that it is an utter lie.  Just because I'm not a celebrity doesn't mean that I'm insignificant!

For me much of my purpose is wrapped up in the work I do in writing, but he's quick to remind me that I'm not a no.1 best selling author.  Well so what!  What I do know is that hundreds of people read my blog from all around the world and I'll never know who they are until I get to heaven because all I see is the number of people who have read it.

My purpose is also to be a daughter who gives her mother's life meaning simply because she gave me life.  Mom I love you and you are my rock!  My purpose is to be an employee who does their job to the best of their ability despite any challenges I may be facing.

My purpose is also to be friend who is willing to listen and be an encouragement when they are feeling down, depressed or broken hearted.  My purpose is to encourage other's in whatever way I can.  My purpose is to be a caregiver to two beautiful cats and to provide for their needs of love, food, companionship and yes lots of brushing. 

Yes I think my life has purpose so I'm not going let the devil get me down!  And yes my friend, your life has purpose too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment