Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The trouble with popcorn

I've had a couple of bad experiences with popcorn getting stuck between my teeth.  None more so this week when a piece wedged itself between my rear molar teeth.  In my haste while trying to floss it out, my floss slipped and hurt my gum....its still sore!  Ouch!  Henceforth I have decided to ban popcorn from my home and diet.

It's not the only item of food that I have fights with.  I love peanuts but they don't love me back as I always get headaches from them.  Time for a new discovery, enter chick peas.  If I cook them for around 20 minutes they soften up but still stay nice and crunchy but the skin softens so no harmful side effects.  Think I've found my perfect solution.

In life and faith we face similar challenges.  There are things we just know we shouldn't do because they will harm us but we do them anyway, because there is usually a pleasure pay off.... that's until the pain sets in.

Unfortunately the only way to solve this problem is to eliminate the source.  I know that this may be difficult but I can assure you, it is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment