Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Seeing clearer

I was asked by a colleague today why I had not pushed through to finish my Chartered Secretaryship qualification. I had no regrets and answered that I had done enough studying for one lifetime and that now at age 40 I wanted to enjoy life and do the things that I love, one of them being writing.

It all seemed so clear, no confusion and what a blessed place to be at emotionally. I know the things that are important to me now I don't have any desire to complicate that with unnecessary pursuits. If God so ordains and I have the privilege of living a long life, I know for sure which direction I am heading.

Don't get me wrong, I have plenty goals and ambitions but I am now able to focus my attention on only the things that really matter to me. Reaching a place of contentment is a spiritual goal that we should all set for ourselves.

The bible says that the love of money is the route of all evil, not money itself. When we are truly contented inwardly, our choices about how we spend our money will become wiser. Are there unnecessary goals that you are striving for financially? If so, ask the Holy Spirit to guide you to a place of contentment so that you can rest in your labours and find blessing from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment