Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, December 2, 2013

Flying to the light

This weekend I heard much wild chirping and saw Honey peering up at the patio ceiling making his little ma-a-a-a-ah noises, which usually accompanies the sighting of prey. I grabbed him and turned around to see a young bird clinging to the bricks and fluttering around in terror.

Stressed out myself, I called on my neighbour to assist me with the drama while putting Honey back in the house. She very wisely told me that the young bird would fly towards the light and that we should just back off and allow it some time to find its bearings.

Sure enough, a few moments later the little thing flew down and out it went. I learned a good and valuable lesson about bird behaviour that day! More so it got me thinking about the parable Jesus told about the city on the hill. Jesus said that a city on a hill cannot be hidden and that as we shine our light we will draw others to Him.

Having seen this, to me, new bird behaviour it started to make so much more sense. There are so many hurting people out there just looking for a way of escape, a way to flee depression, heartache and anger. When we are the light of the world we show others that way of escape through our relationship with Jesus!

Will you shine your light and let others see Jesus today?

No comments:

Post a Comment