Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Techno basics

Show me a new computer system and my eyes twinkle. That's what our team did today, we saw a presentation about how to take some of our procurement processes and automate them. Joy and happiness! Anything that is going to make my life easier is a welcome addition.

Strangely in our computer driven age, the good old art of typing is no longer taught. I find this odd especially seeing as the computer key board is a typewriter adaptation. So why do we not teach the typing skills necessary to make operating these devices so much simpler?

I think it is because we put the cart before the horse. We forget that building good knowledge foundations allows us to build platforms upon which to create the technology we need to function more efficiently. I wonder if the same could be said about our faith?

I think it is as much a spiritual problem today as our technical development is. We want to be spiritual giants and achieve great things for God, but most selfishly of all we want spiritual greatness for our own benefit. We forget that Revelation can only come from deep commitment to reading God's word and growing in our knowledge of the basic things like prayer, fellowship and communion with God. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God!

Simply put, the just shall live by faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment