Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A place to lie

The time of year arrived once again for me to make up the guest bed downstairs for when those hot summer nights kick in. The last two nights haven't been too bad so I was able to crash back in my bed and boy what a difference. You only appreciate a good mattress when you have to endure something a little less than perfect.

This realization and reminder fills my heart with gratitude as I know there are probably billions of people in the world who live in abject poverty. I have such a strong longing to see that changed and I pray that one day I will be able to help others to change their lives for the better and meet those basic needs.

I know that Mary's mind must have longed for home the very moment she felt those labour pains begin. Though her circumstances were dire scripture makes no record of her ever complaining. I believe it is because of her heart attitude. From the moment the Angel Gabriel first announced her fate and that she would conceive a child, we hear only one statement, “Let it be unto me according to thy will.”

Mary's acceptance of her destiny gave her the strength to bare whatever circumstances were thrown at her, for she knew that she was walking in the perfect will of God and that nothing would happen to her from that moment on that was outside of God's will for her life.

Whatever test, trial, hardship or pain you may be facing right now, give thanks to God for His goodness and believe in your heart that you are in the perfect will of God and that your current situation is temporary. In the same way the Angels came down from Heaven to sing and praise God for the birth of His Son, God's glory will surely shine on you too!


No comments:

Post a Comment