Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Drama drama drama

With the holiday now well under way I was looking forward to a relaxed bus trip to Durban. Alas, the smooth morning I had planned went horribly wrong.  Sandton station parking garage was full so I had no choice but to do an emergency parking at Nelson Mandela Square.  I ran to the station and as I arrived at the platform to get onto the Gautrain I could not get onto the train that was there as it was completely over crowded.

An agonizing 20 odd minutes later I caught the next train and made it to Park Station with only 15 minutes to spare and I still had to get my ticket.  Thankfully the Greyhound is always a few minutes late and I boarded safely and we were on our way to Durban.

Sadly leaving Joburg we passed by a horrific car crash and I honestly think that no on could have survived that crash.  Year after year our festive season is marred by the news of hundreds and often over a thousand people who loose their lives due to motor car accidents.  It baffles me that the transport services in South Africa as simply not able to keep pace with demand.

That being said what are the two biggest killers on our roads?  Speed and alcohol!  Why is it that we always have to rush our trips?  I think it is due to a lack of planning.  I did it myself today, I failed to plan for the unexpected.

That happens in our spiritual lives too.  We are ambling along nicely when out of the blue we crash into problems.  The amazing thing about these trials is that they happen in multiples.  The book of James is such a great guide in times like these as it trains us to look at our problems with different eyes. James teaches us to know that trials test our faith and build character.

So as I've settled in for the long ride to Durban, join me in settling to the fact that trials are a part of life and as we do that we are able to learn and grow from them more quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment