Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Not for patience only

How many times have your read this passage?

James 1:2-3 “My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; knowing this that the trying of your faith worketh patience.”

I used to believe that this meant that trials were sent our way to develop character within us and that this process would develop the fruit of patience in our lives. While I still hold that to be true, I think I'm seeing another side to this scripture.

Isn't it true that it is only in the difficult and testing times that relationships are tested and developed? Be they career, friendship or even in marriage. Isn't it possible then that God uses trials to not only strengthen our character but also to develop the strength of our relationship with Him?

I believe God wants us to be fully convinced of His commitment to us and He sends trials our way to show us that He will always provide for us in whatever way we need Him too. If you are going through difficulties and trials right now, know that God is with you, He will see you through this situation and He will provide all that you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment