Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, April 15, 2013

N1 car park

Leaving work today at around 16:45 I wasn't anticipating any problems. I normally keep an ear open for traffic reports and often I've managed to duck onto Witkoppen Road if there are reports of problems on the highway. Problem is that it's a narrow window of opportunity. 1 hour later, I finally reached the highway, but there was no way to turn back. Later reports came through that there were 2 accidents on the road.

Another 45 minutes later I reached the first off ramp at William Nicole and as that looked fairly clear, I decided to duck off the highway and work my way back to Witkoppen. When I reached the Witkoppen off ramp, alas, ques again. Now 2 hours later I decided to double back and take a break at the nearest garage and stretch my legs. After a short stop I was back on the road and 3 hours later arrived at home.

Sadly in life other peoples accidents, mistakes and errors will affect us in many spheres of life. It seems so unfair as we did not create the problem. Unfortunately we have to learn to grit our teeth through the situation, ask God for strength and patience and then hang in there until we eventually get through it.

We need to remember that in all likelihood we will make mistakes in life that affect others too and we need others to show us grace and patience through these times. If you are stuck in the aftermath of other people's bad choices, take heart you are not alone. I pray God's strength through these times.


1 comment:

  1. My interpretation of Christianity is that when a fellow human being makes a mistake, it is neither endurance nor the gritting of teeth that should be raised in our consciousness, rather instinctively bending down, taking the hand of and walking with the person who has "made the mistake". For what is the cost of two hours in traffic verses the opportunity to show true compassion in action (and much easier on the enamel of the teeth).

    ReplyDelete