Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Marigold update – Look at my giants



Well some time back I wrote about my Marigolds and about tipping the odds in our favour to attain spiritual growth by increasing our efforts in reading God’s word.  Well it is time for an update on my planting efforts.  To bridge the story though I have to mention that at some stage I’d accidentally spilled heaps of cut worm bait/poison in the tyre stack where I’d planted my Raspberry plant. 

To my surprise areas in the garden where I thought I would see great growth of the Marigolds, turned up nothing but a few feathered leaves.  What was even more surprising was that the Marigold seeds that I sewed in the Raspberry patch have yielded giant Marigold plants.  Seriously, I mean they are like double or more the size of normal Marigolds.  So much so, that I decided to cut a few and pop them in a vase for an unusual bouquet. 

I think that what I’ve learned from this is that our spiritual growth won’t always come in the ways we expect it.  There are areas of our lives we may think are fruitful, when they really are not.  It is usually in the places of great poison or pain that we will see the most powerful growth.

So don’t despise those poisoned areas of your life.  God will turn them in to giant glorious testimonies of His love and grace.




No comments:

Post a Comment