Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Master of my craft

I thought I was bummed on Tuesday, but day 2 of the training yesterday really did a number on me. I was lights out so early I thought I was back in primary school, tee hee! Today I woke up with a renewed sense of optimism. I know it will require several months of work but I will eventually become a master of my craft, and be able to do myself really proud in my work again!

Applying the new intelligence is exciting and using the new skills will most likely require many failed attempts before I get it right. That part can be frustrating as like most people I don't like failure. Failure is however part of all learning processes.

In our walk with God it is no different. As we learn more about God through the word, we will acquire new knowledge. This knowledge however will not automatically filter through to changed behaviour. We will most likely fail in our attempts to live a Godly lifestyle quite frequently before we succeed.

What we must remember though is Romans 8:1 “Therefore there is now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” We can take courage and strength from this scripture and know that God will fulfil His work in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment