Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Baking together

Over the last year or so, each time I've spent time with my mom I've asked her if we can cook or bake something together that she's really good at and that I love. What's wonderful about that is that every time after that, when I bake the same item I think of her and if helps me to feel her spirit near me and gives me comfort.

I think that is what Jesus was trying to do at the last supper. Taking special care to make sure the moment of breaking bread and sharing the cup was done with purpose and meaning, followed by his words, “Do this in remembrance of me,” gave the disciples an act they could repeat after he was gone that would bring his memory closer.

As we start to approach the Holy week and get ready to remember the sacrifice of our Lord Jesus Christ, take time to ponder the events that lead up to His death. These events have each got special meaning and are intended to deepen our devotion to Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment