Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, March 11, 2013

Crystal or plastic?



I decided it was time to unpack all the crystal glasses.  This has meant that a lot of items needed to be shuffled around and I guess I'm not going to be done for a while, at least until I get the optimal placing sorted out.  This is part of my personal choice to use the ‘good stuff’ and not keep things packed away for use ‘one day’ or on special occasions. 

I am however concerned about my ability to break glasses at a rapid rate.  Thinking about this today, I had an epiphany.  Why do I have perfectly good tumblers sitting in my camping box not being used?  Surely these plastic tumblers would do the job and help reduce my breakage rate. 

The bible talks about us being vessels for use by God.  Some vessels made of porcelain or precious metals for use in only the most elegant of settings and of great monetary value and other vessels like clay jars which are for daily use and valuable for their functionality. 

Both vessels are valuable but in different ways.  Where do you see yourself in the body of Christ?  Have you bemoaned not being an Evangelist or Famous preacher?  If so, remember that you have great value to God right where you are.  Your efforts to help people in a practical way are just as valuable and seen by God.


No comments:

Post a Comment