Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, March 25, 2013

Boerie roll delima

On Saturday I went to do some more window shopping for coffee machines. I knew that outside the one store there was a Boerewors roll stand so thought I'd catch lunch there. I strolled up to the bar and asked the price and heard R20 and said go ahead. To my frustration when the gentlemen delivered the roll he said R29 please (daylight robbery for a boerie roll). I only had R20 plus some change in my wallet and had to rely on the kindness of strangers to sort out my issue. I was so embarrassed I just wanted to run and hide. I eventually shook it off and carried on with my day and forgot about it.

Today as I came out of a store, I was stopped by a man with a totally anguished look on his face. Normally I will do my best to run away from anyone I perceive may be wanting to beg from me, but the look on his face was the same look I had on Saturday. I knew God was testing me to see if I would be willing to return the favour, which I did.

I'm not sharing this story to boast, just talking about it brings back that horrid feeling of shame, but more to illustrate that this is how the law of giving and receiving works. We will virtually never receive blessing from the same place where we gave it. What is important is to listen to the Holy Spirit when He speaks to you and be a blessing wherever you can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment