Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Oh Sovereign Lord!


I started writing this blog in November 2010 with the idea of sharing my personal walk with God and how I live out my relationship with him every day, with the hope that as I do so that others will be encouraged to walk a deeper, closer relationship with him. No time has been more so than the past week or so. I began the series on the names of God due to something I was going through when I started it. Each day as I have meditated on God's names he has tested, challenged and reaffirmed my understanding of his nature.

Today as I was meditating on El Elyon, the most high God, I have come face to face with his sovereignty. It is my personal belief that God in his wisdom has numbered the days of man and decides when we come to this earth and when it is our time to leave. I also believe that the method of our passing is insignificant and that he will not let us leave until we have fulfilled the purpose that he has sent us here for. Today I received news that my grandmother, Joyce Hughes had passed away in Margate.

I therefore dedicate today's blog to my grandmother to honour her life and that through her my father and then myself have been given the opportunity to spend our time on earth. I give honour to God that he has the supreme authority to give life and take it away.

This blog is dedicated in loving memory of Joyce Hughes who has passed away on 22 June 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment