Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Coffee date


One of my favourite things to do in life is meeting friends for coffee at one of my favourite coffee shops. The excitement is not only in the knowledge that I'll be able to enjoy a good cup of coffee but rather who I will be meeting and spending time with as it is always with someone I consider a close friend and someone who's company stimulates me in one way or another.

It's a moment of being able to look forward to something in the future because that person will be there. Yahweh Shammah means the Lord is there and portrays the Lord's personal presence in the millennial kingdom. Simply this means that we can look forward to our time in heaven because God will be there.

On a more complex note though, some future events can be scary and we may be afraid of a particular circumstance that we are dealing with. Yahweh Shammah means that we can rest in the knowledge that when we get to that event, God will be there to meet us and walk with us through that situation.

If you are fearing something in the future, declare God's presence to that place!

No comments:

Post a Comment