Everyday God - Amazon

Friday, January 28, 2011

No - Don't say I told you so!

Thankfully, life does occassionally present us with the opportunity to say "I told you so!" most people pounce on the opportunity to do so. But have you ever watched someone's reaction when you do? It's usually a look of pain!

For most of us, the "joy" of watching somebody else wince is quite fun, but I really don't think that it is a reflection of God's nature.

I don't know about you, but I have vague memories of my mom wrapping me in a soft hooded baby towel when I got out of the bath after bath time as a child. It was such a beautiful feeling of warmth, love and safety.

I think that is what God's love is like. When we realize we've messed up and we go to him for forgiveness, he baths us in his grace and love.

We need to learn to be more gracious with others when they have erred.

No comments:

Post a Comment