Everyday God - Amazon

Friday, January 14, 2011

Busy little Bee

I'm a very house proud person, which usually leads to much buzzing around the house in the evenings as I attend to the days chores. The problem with that is that I seldom take the time to relax.

I'm reminded of the story of Mary and Martha in Luke 10. Mary chose to be seated at the feet of Jesus while Martha worked. I wonder how often we get like that, focusing more on being of service to God and people, while forgetting to draw near to the presence of Jesus?

We forget in doing so that the very life source we need to draw on to have the energy to serve, is in fact the annointing, presence and love of Christ flowing through us.

I think it would be good for us to take the time to stop and think about whether we have a healthy balance in our lives between service and spending time in God's presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment