Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Must love....... Cats!

I generally don't enjoy listening to or being part of anything sales related, so my initial response when I was invited to a marketing survey was, no thanks, I don't think so. That was until I heard it would be about my most beloved cats.

The preparations for the evening involved a series of questions and doing a homework assignment which was to do a collage about my cat family and then how I felt about feeding them a particular cat food. The assignment proved to be quite fun.

What facinated me about the evening is that we were given a set of statements to rate on preference. Then more content was added and our views changed because there was a broader picture to look at.

Interpreting the bible can be like that. When a verse is taken in isolation it can be made to mean anything, but when we view it in the light of the surrounding verses the fuller meaning becomes clear.

Challenge yourself to look for more of the context of scripture as apposed to seeing things in isolation.

No comments:

Post a Comment