Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, January 3, 2019

Renevatio

Over the last few weeks my heart has been bursting as I have been preparing to begin writing again.  It is with great joy that I get back to my favourite hobby and my prayer as always is that you will join with me in walking every day with God. 

Renevatio - the Latin word meaning renewal, renewing, refinancing and or renovation.  That is precisely what 2018 will be remembered as for me.  I faced yet another water leak inside the walls of my upstairs bathroom, that became so bad that my entire kitchen ceiling (which is a concrete slab) was soaked through, leaving water dripping down both side walls.  This resulted in the entire top row of my kitchen cupboards being destroyed.  After months of prayer I decided to tackle a task I've been wanting to do for many years and not just repair the one row of cupboards but rather use the opportunity to renovate the entire downstairs section of my apartment and build in a loft.  In future blogs I'll most likely share the stories and lessons that came from this time period, but the result has been a completely transformed home and one that I am incredibly happy in right now. 

That's not all that changed, after the change in job in 2017, 2018 proved to be a year of growth and transformation in my career and I'm completely at peace with the new trajectory of where my life is headed.  I can only pray that God will preserve me where I am and continue to bless the path I am on in submission to the leaders he has placed over me. 

Over the past year and various circumstances I learned that the depth and strength of my relationship with God does not lie in what I do, how I serve or don't serve or whom I am associated with, but purely by the grace of a loving God who chooses to allow me to walk with him in honesty, being real in every moment and in the faith that has been buried deep in my soul through, scripture, love and teaching.

It was a difficult and tough year, but one that bore much fruit and just when I thought I was set to coast home to Christmas I received news that would jolt my thinking, but thankfully not my faith.  On 1 December (Saturday) I noticed a small but irregular spot on my leg that did not look like any of the other beauty spots that God has so graciously placed all over my red headed body.  I photographed and enlarged it and noticed a small nucleus that did not look good.  On a hunch I googled photo's of Melanoma's and realized that this might be one.  I emailed my doctor immediately with my suspicions and she replied the next day (surprisingly on a Sunday) that I should come in immediately and have it taken out and tested. 

On 3 December it was removed and a week later I received confirmation of a positive diagnosis for melanoma but fortunately for me it was a stage 0 cancer, meaning we caught it on time.  A wider incision was necessary to retest the area to confirm that it is removed successfully, which was done last week Friday and I await the result. 

My faith in God is not shaken in the least, I know that my God has given me victory over this disease and I will walk whatever path I need too, to ensure that all stays well and that I fight and beat it on every level. 

My God is my victory!!!  That is my declaration as I face some uncertainty right now to do what is necessary to ensure that I follow all processes to take control over that which the devil seeks to use to destroy me...... He doesn't stand a chance! 

So as I walk through this wonderful new year of 2019, I pray that you will join me to walk by faith and walk in the victory of what Christ has already overcome on the cross of Calvary on my behalf. 

V.I.C.T.O.R.Y







No comments:

Post a Comment