Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, January 14, 2019

Sensitivity, good or bad?

We all have minor medical hiccups from time to time and Sunday was my turn.  Although I needed today to recover I wasn't going to let that defeat my fighting fit attitude.  Yes, the devil has had a run in with me lately but it simply isn't going to stop me.  

One thing that should stop me and make me think though is how do people perceive me.  Not that I take people's opinions to heart much, but sometimes we should stop and listen.  I have worked hard over the last year or so to change those attitudes and opinions in my career but one place I haven't worked on it yet is with regards to how I speak to the home owners in the complex I am chairperson of.

I have been seeing them as a nuisance to be chased away rather than an asset.  I got snappy with someone tonight and it wasn't necessary.  It is hard to stay focused and polite when people come across as argumentative and always complaining, but if the Holy Spirit is pointing this out to me then it is something that I need to be sensitive too and listen.

Sensitivity can be a very positive thing when it is used correctly.  It was sensitivity that helped me to pick up and spot the melanoma in time to have it removed successfully before it could do any damage....and that's the right way to use it.  Being overly sensitive and agitated with people all the time is not the right way to use it. 

As I humble myself before God and ask him to heal me of my negative sensitivity.  If this is an are that you feel you need help with too, ask God to forgive you and to give you strength and insight as to how to change it.



No comments:

Post a Comment