Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, January 21, 2019

To sing a song

Over the last two months particularly I have been reminded about the true power of praise and worship.  On the night I received the Melanoma diagnosis I was drawn to the song, "Emmanuel" by Hillsong...Emmanuel, Jesus Christ, you never let me go!  My shepherd King, you're watching over me!  

What a beautiful encouragement, in every situation, in every storm, Jesus will never let us go.  God is watching over us, every fear, every tear, every nervous moment, every sickness, every surgery, every step we take from here till we walk into eternity with Christ, God is watching over us. 

That should fill us with such hope and strength!  And how amazing is it that we can now google any song and just listen to that one.  I must admit, when a song really speaks to me I do play it over and over again, just to let the words truly sink in.  This also allows the Holy Spirit to minister to me the specific words of hope, courage and faith that I need to get me through the night, day or season that I am walking through.

I want to encourage you, whether you are brushing your teeth, doing your make up, driving your car, having a meal or any other opportunity you feel down, find a praise or worship song to lift your spirit.  The true power in worship is that God Himself inhabits the praises of his people.  Meaning that when we praise Him, His true presence, the real and living God Himself, steps into your midst and touches you right where and how you need it.  No other God or man can do it quite like Him. 

So let God be God to you and sing a song to Him today!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely My favourite at the moment is Spirit Lead Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely My favourite at the moment is Spirit Lead Me

    ReplyDelete