Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, August 15, 2016

Kitten's first week

Well I must admit the first 2 days of baby Topaz arrival left me wondering if I had made the biggest mistake of my life.  Ginger treated the little thing like a total abomination.  From day 3 however I started seeing small glimpses of a change in Ginger's attitude and behaviour.  Thankfully a good work colleague sent me a mail (Thanks Eldorette) that helped me really understand what was going on in Ginger's mind and that really helped.  She said that it was all about trust and that Ginger needed learn that he could trust the baby's presence.  By day 5 mutual play times were starting to form and he is now far more comfortable, although developing affection for her still will take time. 

That really makes me think.  We do exactly the same thing in an office environment and even a strong social circle.  All new people are treated at arms length.  I remember learning about the forming, storming, norming and performing phenominon so animal behaviour is much like our own. 

Do we do that in our relationship with God though?  That would be hard for me to say as I have walked with God since childhood, so I have never learned what it means to have God be a "new" part of my life.  I do however know what if feels like to feel like you are being forced to go to church...and no, not by my parents, by myself and my own church attendance habits.  I think I have finally found a balance that makes me feel that my own needs are met as well as God's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment