Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Cat guardians

Well I'm supposed to be on leave but I've never been so stressed before. Trying to settle in a new kitty and especially a shelter cat is proving to be an enormous challenge and I'm exhausted. My biggest fear right now is that I might have done Ginger a disservice but from what other people are telling me it is going to take time, which is a commodity I just don't have. It would have been easier to get to new kittens again at the same time....sigh! But my new baby Topaz is really beautiful and somewhere deep down I know I've made the right choice, I just have to find a way to make it work.

I don't for a second regret getting Honey and Ginger when I did and now that Honey has passed I know I needed a new kitty that was as affectionate as he was and Topaz certainly is affectionate. One of the reasons that I am so in love with Cats though is that once they get to know you they really understand what you need emotionally and often physically too.

The other day I had a now rare migraine after eating some potato salad that must have been made with some form of dairy. I came home and immediately crashed into bed. Ginger came and slept with me through the whole ordeal. When I woke up I could see he was actually just lying quietly next to me waiting for me to resurface. Cats are amazing guardians and it does not surprise me that the Egyptians believed them to be the guardians of the afterlife.

As Christians we have other amazing guardians as well. Firstly our angels and they are more present with us than we realize. Then there's the Holy Spirit who stands guard over our spirit as we navigate through life. We could not be blessed with better care than the Angels and Spirit of God himself, so we should never fear what tomorrow holds.


No comments:

Post a Comment