Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

A crazy few months

The last few months have been rough in various ways.  My regular domestic worker went on maternity leave, leaving me back to square one with little help but that was partly my fault.  Honey's passing in June hit me really hard and now introducing Topaz to my home has been stressful as well, but the right thing to do.  There have been other pressure points as well.

Stress and pressure really force us to evaluate our priorities and see what is important to us and make decisions accordingly.  Topaz was one such decision.  For me the joy of having cats is watching them play together. 

Finding our source of joy is not just an emotional journey but a spiritual one as well.  Joy is supernatural, it carries us when nothing else can and pulls us through.  

Scripture tells us that the joy of the Lord is our strength.  To me the joy of Lord is knowing that I am living in His will and doing what He wants me to do, for the season he wants me to do it for.

What is your source of joy?

1 comment: