Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Ever present

As the days have turned to weeks and now into over a month since Honey passed, I have found myself frustrated that the world just does not stop turning. All I have wanted was an extended time alone to deal with my sadness, but unfortunately life just does not do that. The world keeps turning and if we want to survive we have to turn with it.

I have been confused by Ginger's response. Although I have noticed a change in some of his behaviour he seems to just keep going on with life as normal and more importantly he enjoys every second of play time and walking together. My vet did help me understand that animals will miss a companion but that they do not feel heart ache in the same way we do.

Ginger is ever present in every moment and that has been a great example to me. He reminds me that in life and in faith we have to be present in the here and now, not living in the past, not living in the future but here now.

1 comment: