Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

So tired

This year has probably been the first time that I have spent so much effort focusing on lent and what this season means and for some reason tonight I feel really tired, but it is not a physical feeling but emotional one. 

I can never even begin to even imagine what Jesus felt that final hour he hung on the cross, but I know that He must have felt extreme exhaustion. As His life blood drained out of His body He would have known first hand how it felt to die as a human.  His Glory departed with those last gasps of air and Immanuel "God with us" was no more.......That is at least how it seemed to the human eyes watching Him. 

But we know better, we know how the story ends.....The resurrection, the power and the Glory of God manifest in magnificence in the resurrected Christ!  I want to encourage you this Easter weekend to focus and meditate on Christs final hours, His death and resurrection.  For in this amazing story lies the power of the faith we proclaim as Christians, our very existence and purpose of being. 

I wish you all a blessed and peaceful Easter weekend and for now I will drop offline for the next few days, for some final time of deep reflection.  You are in my heart, my thoughts and my prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment