Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Hammering the nails

This weekend I completed my Easter art project and yes you probably guessed it was a cross.  This one is special to me though as while I have been working on it I have meditated on an area of my life I'd like to change. 

The final part was hammering in the nails with the fabric I draped across the bar.  My nails were small and thin yet with every blow of the hammer, I could feel the vibration through my hand, arm and whole body.  My thoughts turned to the Roman soldiers hammering human lives to a cross.  How hard must their hearts have been to strike those blows, hear the agonizing screams.....and take pleasure in it, to the point of playing games and rolling dice for their victims clothes. 

Yes these men were criminals and probably deserved to die, but not like this, but this is how the Romans chose to deter other criminals.  Living in South Africa though I wonder how much our hearts have become hardened to crime, we see it every single day on every news bulletin. 

This Easter I want to encourage you to ask God to show you areas in your life where you may have hardened your heart where you shouldn't have.  Ask God to heal you and place in you a spirit of compassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment