Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, January 5, 2015

No sweet chili sauce??? Noooooooo!

So just as I was about to start making dinner last night, the power went out. By the time it came back, I had to tootle off to church so I figured I would just get a bite to eat at our local Sunninghill sandwich shop. I had all my usual fillings but with one exception...they had run out of my favourite sweet chili sauce.

I didn't think it would matter because after all the rest of the goodies were the same, but boy was I disappointed! It just did not hit the kisser the way it usually would! [Lol! Now I can hear my old man talking.]

In life we may choose our fillings and these may vary, but it is our choice of sauces that makes our meals interesting. So lets pretend reading your bible is the filling. What would the sauce be? Your own unique application of that scripture into your life. The words and meaning don't change, no, a lettuce will always be a lettuce. How you allow that word to impact your life and the degree to which you allow it to emanate through you is the mustard or sweet chili option. For some people certain scriptures have little personal meaning, but to others that same verse would be the very epicentre of their existence.

What sauce are you going to choose with your scripture meal today?

No comments:

Post a Comment