Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wireless

Over the last two days I haven't been able to catch as much of the trial as I would have liked too. It is such a unique novelty to us to be a part of this that it has become the basis for many office discussions and lively debates.

What fascinates me the most though is that with all the advances in technology the most widely used technology to tune into the proceedings is still the radio. This got me thinking about radio technology and how far that has come. I can't remember what age I was but I'll never forget getting my first hand held radio that I could carry with me anywhere.

Work on the study of electro magnetic waves seems to have really gained momentum during the late 1800's with a variety of scientists contributing to the study. By around 1910 the first radio's as we know them today were starting to take shape. Now across the globe there must be thousands of radio station's broadcasting every day, and they are still as relevant today as they were when they were first created.

I know in Jo'burg with the hours that many of us spend in our cars the radio is an active means of entertainment, information and communication. The odd extra long traffic stint, like today with our unusually heavy rains, was certainly made more bearable with the radio going. To be honest I doubt that the use of the radio as a means of communication will ever end, but I'll not put money on that one.

If we can see the amazing timeless relevance of the radio today, how much more does that not help us to understand the timeless relevance of scripture which is God breathed and truly eternal. The word of God is as alive today as it ever was and it will always be so.

So........if we tune into our radio stations on a daily basis, how about we make sure we tune into God's wireless, the word of God and receive God breathed entertainment, information and communication?


No comments:

Post a Comment