Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Ripped out

On Saturday I managed to squeeze in a couple of hours of gardening. What I have figured out is that I seem to have a small injury to the tendons in my right elbow. It doesn't hurt during normal daily work but once the spade hits the ground it sends a shock wave to the affected area. Ouch!

After only managing to make small progress on digging open the new bed, I decided to start cleaning out the herb garden of all the beans and lettuce which were just giving me grief and then I pulled out all the marigolds from the other beds. I did so to check on the condition of the soil and also to help get some weeding done. I can easily reseed the marigolds once everything is checked.

While doing so I found some disturbing grey stuff around the roots of my roses and am guessing it was root rot. After all the grief I've had with the roses, I decided they needed to come out. I grabbed slips from my scented geranium to fill the gaps and also planted some elephant ears.

What did I learn from all this? There are times in life when we need to go and do stock taking of our situation. There may be areas of our lives where weeds have taken over or even others that have developed an unhealthy fungus. In those cases we need to be brave and dig in an get rid of the areas that are not producing the desired result.

I'm not saying it won't be painful, I have a long scratch under my arm to prove it. The result however will be a far healthier garden of life. If you need to do some cleaning out, ask the Holy Spirit to guide you and to give you the strength you need to make the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment