Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Cafe on Malibongwe

Today's blog comes to you from the News Cafe on Malibongwe. My car has gone in for a clutch repair and I decided it would be less stressful if I just took a days leave and chilled for a couple of hours while I get it done.

I'm not usually the type to take the path of least resistance but one thing I've heard my mom saying many times is that we should learn to live a life of less stress. (Lol! Just as I say that a bee comes buzzing round my head.) Living in Jo'burg that is especially difficult but since I finished my studies I found that I at least can make full and useful use of my annual leave.

When we look at Jesus life what can we learn about stress? Looking at His ministry it would appear as if He did not shy away from stress. He faced the Pharisees head on, handled crowds of people on a regular basis and especially through His death and resurrection, faced persecution and ridicule. What we don't see in the pages of scripture is the bulk of the 30 years prior to going into ministry.

It is obvious through scripture that by this time in global history, documenting events and stories was well advanced and Mary could easily have kept painstaking details as to her remarkable child's formative years, but these are well hidden from our eyes. What I am sure of is that Mary would have seen the miraculous unfold before her eyes many times before her Son was thrust into the lime light at the wedding in Canaan when Jesus turned the water into wine. It is no wonder to me that Mary knew exactly what she was doing when she said to the servant girls, “whatever He says to you, do it!”

I think the message is that we need to pick our battles. We need to learn when to let things go and when to stand our ground. Sadly these things are only learned by life experience. We do have a secret weapon in this fight though, the Holy Spirit. If we lean on Him for wisdom and guidance we will learn how and when do this.

If you are facing difficulties today, ask the Holy Spirit to guide you as to the best course of action to follow.




No comments:

Post a Comment