Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Seat belt

This evening as I was driving home I was getting a little irritated with my car seat belt but after a few moments of thought I remembered why they are so important. You see like many people I have had the nasty experience of being in a motor car accident.

The horrid truth of it is that if it hadn't been for my seat belt I could have been concussed or even worse, but because of it I escaped major injury, but only major injury. I suffered a whip lash injury that moved two of my vertebrae in my neck out of position and it took a year of physio therapy to get my neck realigned again. Why do I share this?

Well in our emotional and spiritual lives we may at times feel as if living life by God's principles is restricting and difficult. The truth is that it can be, but like a car's seat belt God's principles are there for a reason. They are there to protect us. That does not mean they will spare us from pain but only that the pain we may suffer as a result will be less harmful than if they were not there.

It is tough to accept but Christian life is very much like a rose bush. There is great beauty to behold and experience but the thorns of life will still be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment