Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Not quite there

This weekend I was supposed to dig up the final flower/plant bed for the year. I had every intention of digging it all up, but I just plain ran out of steam, which I am not proud of. Not being the strongest of ladies, It took, what felt like hours, to dig up the first third of the bed. I bet Angelina Jolie would have ploughed through the whole lot in 20 minutes, Lol!

A recon of my herb garden yielded less than satisfactory results as well. In the weeks of heavy rain some plants have moulded over while the weeds took full opportunity to sprout everywhere and needless to say the wonderful cut worms got tucked into my bean bushes. Needless to say, I was quite disappointed with my gardening weekend.

Once I got done complaining though, I had a sudden chill. Here I am bemoaning my minor disruptions when there are so many people in our recent floods that lost everything. Their entire world not only came to a standstill but got destroyed. How ungrateful I have been.

Disruptions come to us all, big ones and small ones and they all require that we get up and start again. Sometimes we can rebuild from these disruptions quickly and others will take years and others still will require and entire lifetime. It is at times like these that we need to dig deep within ourselves for the courage and strength to face whatever challenges lie ahead.

My prayer tonight is that as people we will find a way to help others to build their lives before we focus selfishly on our own needs. May God grant our nations leaders wisdom and empathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment