Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Monster's birthday

Today is the day I celebrate my cat's birthday's and I had hoped for a pleasant start to the day so that I could wish them well before going on my way to work but this was not to be. The rain has really messed up their routine and they have been waking me up at around 3am to go out. This happened again this morning.

After letting them out I collapsed back into bed but by some means of 'mental telepathy' they managed to get me to open the door for them again a short while later. When they came back into the house they were totally psyched up and playful so I realized that going back to sleep with them with me wasn't going to happen. I put them in the downstairs bedroom but the lock is broken to I tried to use a spoon to hold the door closed and then came back to bed.

My eyes were no sooner closed when I heard scratching at my bedroom door. Somehow they had squeezed through the small gap and got out. I covered my ears and tried to sleep for a few minutes more, but needless to say my morning was ruined.

All this mischief however is nothing compared to the trouble they caused me on Sunday. I had bought them some catnip along with some other items that I needed. When I got home I put the catnip in the cupboard and left the bag on the bed and came upstairs to have a nap. When I woke up, the bag was gone. Needless to say a half hour later or searching everywhere and having a panic attack, I looked under the sleeper couch only to find the bag had been nudged right off the bed. They had smelt the catnip trace on the bag and gone after it.

Lol! Sounds like I'm really complaining but that's really not it. All these little stories form the wonderful memories of their lives that I will carry with me always. It is so hard for me to accept that at 9 years of age as cats they are now entering their senior years even though today's events didn't look like it. On the one hand I am overjoyed at the blessing they have been but somehow I also always get sad knowing that one day I will not have them with me any more, but that is the unfortunate circle of life.

Something in our spirits tells us that life is eternal but when we consider our time on this planet it really is short. So tonight as I prepare for bed I am eternally glad for the gift of companionship I received from my cats but more grateful to the gift of eternal life that we have in our relationship with God.

Happy Birthday Honey and Ginger. You'll always be mommies little babies no matter how old you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment