Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, August 29, 2013

From season to season

So my first week back at work is almost over and I must admit I have to breath a sigh of relief! It is always said that no sooner are you back from leave and it feels like you've never had a holiday at all. Is it possible to keep the magic of our rested time alive. I believe it is.

During my last few days at home, I decided to get stuck into some spring gardening straight away. A rush of memories flooded my soul as I remember the emotions I felt just one year earlier after my trip to Parys, standing at the corner of my back yard, which was then a barren dry space with no life with only an imagined idea of what it could possibly look like.

By the end of autumn I admit I'd felt a sense that not everything had gone according to plan but somehow a feeling prevailed that I had achieved a large part of my plan. This proved to be the case when I started this time round. With just a few bags of soil and a small load of seedlings I was able to fill a big space. With a stack of seeds still left from last year, I was able to get some early sewing done and am hoping that this year my tomato plants will have enough time to grow strong before the autumn storms arrive next year.

Admittedly now when I look round out back I see not only the joy of my most recent holiday, but I can remember the effects of the last. In the same way we can build our physical lives from season to season, we can build our spiritual lives that way too. Learning to recognize our spiritual seasons will place us in the best position to build from one season to the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment