Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, August 11, 2013

The holiday begins

With the final birthday party done and dusted it was time to get the washing and house cleaning done and pack for my trip to Kimberly. It is always so difficult to leave your little ones behind but in truth I know that cats are very self sustaining and need very little to be comfortable and survive without me. There are kind neighbours that have agreed to help out again with feeding so all should go well. The one thing I do have to look forward to when I get home is another week of holiday. It will be great to not have to rush home and get ready for work straight away.

Have you noticed that any time an important event draws near that we get the urge to clean house? I have. There is something important about putting our house in order. Jesus talked about that too when he told the tale of the women preparing for the bridal ceremony. God does expect us to be prepared for his coming.

In our lives today that might not mean His second coming but just His input and significance in our lives. Do you allow Jesus to make Himself at home in your life or is He just a passing visitor that you pay occasional attention too?

I want to encourage you to prepare your heart. I believe there is a new awakening drawing near. Prepare your heart the same way you would if you were expecting a special guest and wait for God to reveal more of Himself to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment