Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Feeling green

For the last couple of days I've been feeling green. I wish I could say it was envy but sadly I picked up a bug of some kind and it has taken some work to get rid of it. What didn't help is that my body is feeling run down and greatly in need of my up coming holiday.

When fatigue sets in it lowers our bodies immunity and allows germs to attack our system. Under healthy circumstances those germs would not stand a chance but because we are exhausted the body had no energy to fight back.

The same thing happens in our spiritual lives. When we are strong and healthy we have the energy and strength to fight the spiritual battles that come our way, but when we are fatigued our defences get dropped and we open the door to attack.

Have you been skipping taking leave so that you can bank it and get paid out? If so, that might not be the wisest idea. Rather take a shorter leave if necessary but make sure you take time out. Physical and spiritual fatigue can both have devastating effects, so allow yourself the time you need to recuperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment