Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, July 29, 2013

When song birds don't sing

Being from Welsh decent there has always been a musical thread in our family. For all of my childhood and growing years I had one thing that I knew separated me from my peers in a good way, that was a good singing voice. I was always a Soprano and must admit I got a kick out of being able to hit those high notes. I had a dream of becoming a great singer, but over the years I remember clearly a set of events, not all tied together but separate events that silenced my voice.

Suppressed opportunities, dis-empowerment by a leader, the stress and commitment of my studies but most painfully the suicide of a close friend. The song bird in me no longer had strength to sing and I let go of my dream.

For years now I have felt robbed of a dream but through writing my voice has found a new way to echo. It is no longer the sound of my voice but the heart in my words that brings music alive in me today. While my voice may never be what it once was I know I can reach many through words spoken in love.

Have you been through experiences that have stolen your dreams? If so, turn back quickly and fight for those dreams once more, for our muscle memory that enables us to reaching for a dream is strong and will sustain you once again. Never give up on your dreams, reach out and grab them and hold on to them tight and don't ever let go! God will be your source and your strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment