Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, July 22, 2013

Team dynamics

Time and again in life we will be confronted with challenges that put our team work to the test. In 99% of cases it is a mindset among members of the team that creates the tension and drives the rift. My mind always goes back to the many youth camps I attended, with countless games teaching us the value of working as a cohesive unit.

Game after game taught us to see that when working together in unity, even a physically challenged team could achieve victory. Ironically this was even proven with our “down time” activities, like dare I mention it.....the shaving cream fights.

I'm sure I've told the story before but in one instance it took only a hand full of girls that I managed to rustle together as my possie, for us to raid the boys bungalow and disarm them completely leaving them with only rage as their weapon.

I definitely did not go home smelling like roses after that youth camp :-)

What team challenge are you facing right now? Do you have the courage to dare to challenge the thinking in your team to break free from conflict and see your team changed?

No comments:

Post a Comment