Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Looking for buds

I found myself peering very closely at my plants today. The air has started to warm, some Lilly's are beginning to blossom and I'm beginning to wonder if Spring is near. That being said, I think we would do well to remember a lesson from last year. The winter had not been particularly cold until the beginning of August.

It was a tad uncomfortable but a beautiful birthday surprise to get snow on my birthday on August 7th. I'm not sure, but I think it might happen again, which would actually bring great cause for concern. Our climate seems to be changing a little faster all the time and I have to wonder if we will ever be able to do anything about it.

Back to my point though, right now I don't think it will be a good idea to move any plants or plant fresh seeds, but I do think it will be a very good time to start preparing the soil. In our spiritual life too the same is often true. We may sense changes lying ahead and we would do well to start preparing our hearts for the changes that lie ahead.

This may require digging up weeds and turning the soil and maybe even laying a fresh layer of compost or adding extra top soil. The good news is that the earlier we start to prepare for the changes that lie ahead, the earlier we can get a result.

Let's look forward to the changes that lie ahead and prepare our hearts for a spiritual awakening, I'm sure, is near.

No comments:

Post a Comment