Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, November 11, 2012

12 Hours

I really wanted to go camping with friends this weekend, but by the time mid week arrived, I was exhausted beyond imagination. I knew that what I needed most was a really long nights sleep. Friday night I struggled to settle down but when I eventually managed to get to sleep, I slept for around 12 hours or more.

As sleep is to the body, the word of God is to the spirit. We cannot survive in our Christian walk without having sufficient consumption of the word of God. Sleep restores our physical bodies and gives us energy to function again. The word of God restores our faith and gives us the renewed direction in life.

We need to make sure we live life in balance, taking care of body, soul and spirit. If we leave one of these out we are sure to end up in certain trouble one way or another.

Have you had your 12 hour refresher yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment