Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, November 7, 2011

Shut up and drive

Nelspruit road trip 2

Years later, my sister Jacquie wanted to go to Nelspruit for a school reunion. She flew up to Jhb and we were to drive down together in my 1 year old Hyundai Atos. (I must add that it had just been for it's first service).

In our excitement we forgot to consult a map and were yakking so much we kinda lost focus and ended up on the Pretoria road via Midrand. My sister said, no worries, she knew her way from PTA.

I noticed my car was over heating but after stopping to fill up the radiator fluid we reckoned we were okay. Just outside Witbank.... My car broke down (beginning to see a patern?)

A tow truck, hotel room, taxi drive via Dullstroom and lift to Nelspruit later, we finally arrived at the reunion. Amusingly at several times during my now 2nd ill-fated trip, the song "Shut up and drive" kept popping up on the radio.

In life we will have detours, breakdowns and will have to rely on others to get us to our destination, but we just must not stop. Just keep going, keep the faith and with the help of a few Angels we'll get there eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment