Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, November 10, 2011

24 Tambotie Street

Nelspruit road trip 3 - part 3

We arrived in Nelspruit and I was truly amazed at the growth and change. We stopped to buy lunch, then it was off too the Nelspruit Botanical gardens. I am biased and do think they are the most beautiful in the country, especially the expansions and addition of an african rain forest!

After a pit stop at the hotel it was off to the reunion, but not before stopping at our old family home, 24 Tambotie Street, and my what a change.

We used to have an open plot next too the house where my dad had a mini pawpaw plantation, now occupied by a new house. Any vegitation that was left, has grown gigantic. There were some changes I didn't like, but I suppose I don't have a say.

I suppose therein lies the lesson. We often build an altar at the memories of our past because we somehow think things are better there. God doesn't want that. He wants us to live in the now. Remember the good memories, live for now and hope in a future blessed by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment