Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Discontented

I have been challenged this week about the meaning of contentment.  I must admit that in all honesty I actually don't think I know the true meaning of contentment.  It seems that I am always striving for something more somewhere. 


I started asking myself the question, what is the danger with discontentment?  What I felt inside was anger, regret and frustration.  These are all traps the devil wants to lock us into.  When we are angry and frustrated we lash out at other people and do everything in our power to hurt them because we want them to feel the same pain we are feeling. 

Philippians 4:11 reads, "Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."  The key word here is learned.  That means that by careful consideration about the things we are discontented about and bringing them to God and asking Him for wisdom as to how to deal with them, we can then learn how to finally surrender those aspects of our lives to Christ and be content that what He teaches is is the path forward.  It is then, in that place, we can be content.  

I pray this week that you will draw near to God and allow Him to teach you, how to be content. 


No comments:

Post a Comment